Monday, July 2, 2007

More than Meets the Eye

Quezon City, PH -- Okay, okay..I sounded like Optimus Prime but it’s what I thought of the moment I saw my first holga shots. Must be an after-effect from watching Transformers. I’m simply hooked!
This shot was taken at one of my field works in Childhope. This young man has been staying with other kids on a vacant lot. Their small house made up of scraps was demolished the night before I saw him and his friends. Many of them were suffering from pneumonia and skin diseases that most med students will only see in books. No matter how many free medications are given to them, I doubt it if it will work without a roof over their heads and food in their stomachs.

Now I have to PARTIALLY check my “list of things to do”---Learn photography and take good shots! Maybe Bono, Bill, Oprah, Angelina, or better yet, Juan dela Cruz, will see them and be moved. Naks! =)

2 comments:

sparklemind said...

inspiring indeed :)

Indeterminacy said...

You can get the best photos shooting from the hip, while no one is suspecting. And what hips those are! ;-)