Sunday, July 29, 2007

Groove Armada


Zouk, SINGAPORE -- My friend Nimal was about to jump ship and go in-house for an MNC here in Singapore and because she NEARLY did but ended up staying with her firm and sweating it out like the rest of us, we met up for her "I-nearly-resigned-but-didn't-but-it's-still-a-pretty-darn-good-reason-
to-drink" celebration. Since Clarke Quay was not working out that night we headed to Zouk (first time btw) to pay homage to Groove Armada! Now THAT was a good reason to drink! Andy Cato (hottie in the picture) was so good with a lot of heavy beats and latin-inspired rhythm from Patrick Dawes on percussion. Reese, if you thought the DJ at the Loof was sexy, you would've loved this guy. Good-music deprived me (in Singapore) was ecstatic about being able to lose myself to the music and just daaaaaaaance! Too-touchy french men and choreographed white boys leaning against the wall aside, twas an awesome night! Here's to Nimal's first (and only?) nearly resigned moments, Shari's first B-52 shots, and my first time at Zouk! Chin!

p.s. since I can't fit a camera into my purse, this picture is from the recent Lovebox Weekender in London (thanks Lorne Thomson!)

2 comments:

risa said...

good music-deprived? i don't think so! this + the cure & womad! damn those sexy djs...

jan said...

and they have just the track for this post: 'i see you baby shakin' dat ass, shakin' dat ass..alright don't touch me!' groove armada rocks. 'at the river' is my fave. hey why not turn this into a music blog as well? share what artist/song you currently love/hate. or whatever. and no holding back, pls. i happen to love jessica simpson's 'public affair'. what's YOUR guilty pleasure?!