Tuesday, December 25, 2007

welcome to your late twenties




Manila, PH -- hello everyone. it's christmas day & i'm trying to recover from the past weekend's late nights. i refuse to believe it's because i'm getting old. i just need to pop some multivitamins.
i literally want to count my blessings so here goes another thank-you list for what i got on my birthday:

1. a pocket calendar
2. rolls of film for my analog soul
3. home-baked apple pie, shared with pepper


lovely ladies

4. 'american psycho' by bret easton ellis (because i "will love the violence")
5. a portuguese phrase book
6. liquor


jan working it

7. cash from the 'rents
8. a nightshirt copy of my old highschool uniform (go st. scho)


dj newbie

9. ivy & bloc party cds from sparklemind (waiting for that other gift...)
10. a graphic tee that says 'i love the '80s' (from my entrepreneur brother -
he just forgot to charge me)


satisfied partygoers

11. a chocolate birthday cake
12. a nice italian dinner courtesy of our favorite bahia native, marcos
13. getting to DJ with jan for a little bit (daft punk, kala & mark farina!)
14. a staple remover (this one i'll always remember)



dj f (or how to actually spin while looking the part)

and so another birthday has come and gone. as that youngblood writer wrote before, a lot of beautiful, absurd & difficult things have come my way. i'm past the quarterlife crisis (paging john mayer) but it seems like i'm just starting.

this year sure has been one big rollercoaster ride... i hope i have enough energy for next year's theme park surprises.

merry christmas, everyone!

* lomos by pepper

2 comments:

Joy said...

Reese, I want that 80s shirt!!!! Jan, I love the white dress you're wearing in the pic! wait 'til I go back to size 0 figure. haha! miss you ladies!

justine said...

I refuse to believe i'm getting old...i just need to sleep a couple more DAYS:P Looks like your party was a blast:)