Tuesday, December 11, 2007

missing home


Neptune, NJ -- I'm on a roll...

A few nights ago, while I was desperately trying to iron my clothes, I was listening to Gary V ( I know, I know -- very CHIMAY moment) when suddenly "Pasko na sinta ko" started playing. I couldn't help it - I just bawled. It must be the combination of the cold weather, Gary V, the upcoming holidays, homesickness, and just the desperation with ironing. I called up Joy. She asked me what would make me happy at that moment. And my reply was a paper bag full of hot pandesal. That's it. What I would do to have a pandesal right now.... :(

4 comments:

justine said...

Good to hear from you Deets!! What are your christmas plans??

risa said...

with kesong puti and hot chocolate ;)
cheer up deets. home misses you right back. can't wait to see you next year...

deets said...

Christmas plans: work. I'm on call. :( But I think it's better to be busy on Christmas so I don't feel the homesickness that much...
I envy you girls - you get to meet up yet again.

Anonymous said...

I miss you deets! And I miss home too. I'll eat pandesal for you when i go home NEXT WEEK!