Tuesday, December 11, 2007

it's been a while....



Neptune, NJ -- Joy and I are talking on the phone as I am writing this entry. It's been a while. We haven't written any entries lately because nothing much has happened.. well to me, I don't know with Joy. You have to ask her. Anyway, I promised to post highlights of my Chicago trip, so here it goes...(sorry for the delay).

CHICAGO HIGHLIGHTS
> The Lake - I stayed with Betsy who lives very close to the lake. I jogged around the lake every morning and it cleared my mind of worries and regrets, and my soul of pain and loneliness. And it didn't hurt that hot shirtless guys ran around the lake that time too! :)

> The City - I just miss the city life. I loved being able to use public transportation to get to places, I loved having to dress up to go out (even just for coffee), and I just loved seeing a lot of people walking, talking and what have you.

> The Shops - My eyes almost popped out when I went to Macy's! Tear welled up in the corners of my eyes as I surveyed all the wonderful make-up, clothes, shoes, bags, etc. It was so different from my weekly shopping sprees in Target or Walmart back in Neptune. (mind you: I still didn't have a car around this time making mall-shopping more difficult; there is actually a nearby mall that has Macy's and all the other wonderful shops)

> My friends - Chicago is my home here in the States. I consider my high school friends my family. I can just be me with them. I don't have to worry about being judged. They love me for who I am. Nikki and I had long conversations about our goals/lack of goals in life. Jennet and Mark showed me how to be stylishly married. "Dona" Icay and I planned our "Skinny Bitch" diet as we searched for a venue for her grand wedding. And Betsy became my mom for a week, scolding me for the wrong decisions I've done so far and advising me about life and love. I love them dearly. They're my pseudobackpackers for the mean time ...until our much-awaited reunion in Rio de Janeiro.

No comments: