Friday, July 4, 2008

putting an end to saudades

Salvador, BRASIL -- On June 5, after a week in Rio de Janeiro, I eagerly hopped on the plane to Salvador de Bahia with Risa, Justine and Ditas. I was anxious to see Marcos after our three-month (endless) exchange of muitas saudades (missing with a heartache) over Skype. After retrieving my suitcase at the Salvador airport, I hurriedly made my way to the exit. No sight of Marcos. Risa: “I'm sure he'll be here soon.”


And so he was. I saw Marcos burst through the glass doors and run to me with a bouquet of flowers. And then the cinematic embrace. (Photos courtesy of Ditas). I can't remember the last time I felt that kind of high. When I passed the bar exams probably.

The girls and I spent five days in lovely Bahia before heading to Lima. More on that next time.

Now, after two weeks of near-arctic weather in Peru and Argentina, I'm back in Salvador. It's good to feel the sun on my skin again.

5 comments:

risa said...

near-arctic & wet weather. ang mga paghihirap natin sa argentina!

here's to cinematic embraces! marcos & manay for-ever

Joy said...

juskoday! parang movie! manay,ang haba ng hair mo huh! =D so, are you planning to EXTEEEEND your stay in Salvador?

Anonymous said...

ahhuummmm! :) this is my dearest love...
mahal kita babyyyy...

alice said...

sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, JAN!