Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Kulasas raid Chicago


Chicago, IL -- Last July 14, I went to Chicago for the weekend to attend my very close friend's wedding. I took an hour long train ride from Neptune to New York to catch the flight to Midway Airport in Chicago. I was post-call so I was dead-tired. Because of my zombie-like state, I unfortunately got off the wrong stop. I was supposed to get off at Penn Station in NY, but I got off at NEWARK Penn Station, which is still in New Jersey. I was so pissed because I was so tired and sleepy, and I was afraid I was going to miss my flight. I finally figured out what to do after looking at maps and train schedules. I took the PATH train to 34th St in NY and from there took the subway to La Guardia Airport. My flight was at 4:00 pm, I got there at 3:45 pm. I literally sprinted like a mad woman from the airport entrance to my seat in the plane. (Now I know how it feels to be in Amazing Race). When I got to Chicago, I immediately called my friend Jennet and told her what happened and reminded her how much I love her that I was willing to go through all that mess just to be at her wedding. Awww. That night, we had a very tame bachelorette party (no naked men mind you) in downtown Chicago. I was soooo happy to see my close high school friends again. Suddenly we were back to our high school mode -- giggling crazily, insulting people as they pass by (LAIT CLUB!), doing crazy poses (pouting, open mouth..) for the camera(s) (Note: Pinoys are crazy about picture-taking so every one has to have her own camera, and poses should be repeated for each camera.), dancing like there's no tomorrow, and fighting over very expensive vodka ($400 for a bottle!). Just imagine the ruckus when my friend Nicole accidentally dropped the bottle on the table, causing some of the liquid gold to spill! Betsy and I were ready to smack Nicole on the head. (Typical Kulasa behavior..hahaha)



The wedding itself was very emotional and memorable. I always cry at weddings, but this time I cried way too early -- as Jennet was marching down the aisle all by herself. I was just so happy for her. My other friends, Icay and Betsy, hated me because they started cyring as well. It was a very elegant and poignant affair. Peninsula's Terrace looked so beautiful against Chicago's skyline (just look at the picture c/o Jennet). And the weather was perfect for an outside party. We (again) wreaked havoc at the dance floor, dancing with the boys (Jennet's nephews) and the old men (Jennet's in-laws). The highlight of the night: Nicole (my crazy but very sweet friend) getting so drunk and flirting shamelessly with the bartender! Yey, Nicole!


2 comments:

risa said...

nikki looks so demure in the pic tho! looks like you guys had a blast ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.