Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oops, i did it again...

Heathrow Airport, London --- J, remember our ordeal last year before we reached Brazil? You know -- when the airline cancelled our flight 2 hours before the departure and we had to find another flight then find a very nice friend of mine to drive us all the way to JFK airport (about 2 hours away from Neptune without traffic), and then we missed our connecting flight in Miami so we had to stay in a sleazy hotel in very hot Miami then you used your lawyer skills to get as an earlier flight then we had to walk along the very hot Miami highway (while I was carrying a Playstation 3) then we got a cab to the almost deserted airport (it was 1am) then we finally reached Brazil but then they lost our backpacks so we had to go to the cramped hostel with nothing so we took a shower using borrowed stuff and we dried ourselves with toilet paper? Yup, THAT ordeal. Well, it kinda happened again. Ako na nga 'ata ang may balat sa puwet. I have to check...

MY ORDEAL PART II (2009 version)
Okay, just to rationalize a bit, I have been really stressed these past weeks leading to my vacay because I am going through my fellowship interviews. So I had just gotten back from Boston because I had my interview at Massachusetts General. The following day, I had to leave for Spain. I was stressed because I had to pack in a rush and finish all my chief res responsibilities and other fellowship requirements before I leave. Anyway, en route to JFK airport (after 2 hours of weeding through the traffic), I realized that I left my passport. (nightmare!). So I had to call my very nice friend (same friend last year - Anitha) to bring me my passport. She wasn´t too happy about this because 1) I already asked her last year and 2) the drive to JFK was terrible. But because she´s really nice so she did it anyway. I had to change to a later flight because my passport would not make it in time. So I got the last flight available but the stop over is in London. So here I am now in Heathrow Airport. I have to wait for 9 hours (my butt´s hurtin´) because there are no available earlier flights to Spain. I guess everyone wanted to go to the land of the Spanish papas too.

I love lists. So here is my list of things I am going to do while I wait:
1. people-watch
2. watch out for any Beckham sightings
3. listen to my iPod
4. look out for Becks
5. look at the clock 1,000,000 times
6. read my book (House of God)
7. watch out for Becks
8. read my pediatric journals ( yup, I´m a nerd)
9. listen to podcasts about pediatric critical care (yup, i´m a dork)
10. people-watch
11. ogle at European men in skinny jeans
12. watch out for Beckham

3 comments:

Joy said...

DItas, that's okay. It's worth the wait naman diba? Where will you see house painters na "arudugudugu"?!! hahaha!=)

justine said...

Deets, you forget the best part of our ordeal--breakfast at Denny's with enough grease to create a small oil slick on Miami beach! I am re-thinking this whole OFW pairing;) May balat ka nga ba?? So any sightings of Becks? I know it doesnt compare but I saw the LFC friendly game here and spotted (with the aid of binoculars) a very blonde Torres!! Stevie G was unfortunately not playing. Miss ya!!!

Will said...

deetz the tits! uwi ka na! chief res wooooooooh!