Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Baby is Here!

Harbor City, CA -- Here are the first few things that I did after Rico and I were told by my obstetrician that our baby is coming.
1) Shave my legs
2) Exfoliate
3) Plucked my eyebrows
4) Charged the camera
5) Pray
6) Try to stop giggling with excitement
38 weeks, few Tums, 40 -something pounds and tubes of anti-stretch marks later, my Lucas finally arrived.

I had to stay for a few days in the hospital so when the baby was asleep, there was pretty much time for "his pictorials"



If you'll ask me, "Was it all worth the time, pain, the drama and losing a South Am adventure with my fellow pseudobackpackers?" After seeing him all I can say is "Yes, it is." After all, training a little traveller sounds fun. =)

6 comments:

sparklemind said...

aaawww you gonna be the sweetest mom in the world

justine said...

he looks absolutely gorgeous!! and kudos to you mama joy for being the ONLY woman i know who's willing to have her photo taken right after giving birth. must be the plucked eyebrows;) beijinhos to baby Lucas!!:)

risa said...

here's hoping he'll be an authentic backpacker and not posers like his mom & titas ;)

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for”

justine said...

wow reese we're into quotable quotes now huh;)

risa said...

jajaja.. now go kiss in the rain! ;p

Joy said...

That's okay, Risa. I like the quote=)